Tuesday, October 16, 2012

RTI, Does it really work?

I have been spending a lot of time as part of the RTI team at school.  I have to question if this time is spent wisely.  Not that we are not doing our job, because we are.  But looking at the comments from teachers and how the kids are doing in school, I have to wonder if any of this will help.  I see a couple of the students and I think that public education is not going anything for them.  However, when it comes time of testing, we all look bad.  I do not have answers, but I wish everyone would realize, they do not have answers either.  Having students in the ninth grade that read on a third grade level is not easy for anyone involved.  It is not easy for the student, but having to deal with them in a core class in high school is not the answer either.  Until we all realize that none of have the answer, will we ever find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment