Monday, October 15, 2012

Unmotivated to work...

I have been reading a book to my regular biology students.  It is called "Unwind."  It is a very good book but I still do not see the participation in class that I was hoping.  My third block class has several students that are repeating the ninth grade.  I see a lot of unmotivated students that no matter what I do, I can not get through to them.  We do small group work, fun activities, labs, and other things.  I am hoping that next week when report cards come out that maybe we will see some improvement because of unhappy students.  In this class, I have two A's, three B's, three C's, and the rest are D's and F's.  I very seldom receive an e-mail from parents.  I am constantly getting e-mails from my Pre AP students wanting to know how to turn the B into an A.  It is hard to keep my motivation when going into this classroom everyday.  Just today, as we were supposed to be getting our books out to do a mitosis foldable, there were five students who did not even bring books to class.  It is a tough group, and unfortunately society has decided to blame me.  Oh well, tomorrow will be a new day.  Maybe one, just one will be better because of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment