Monday, September 17, 2012

Five bad students..

I have been fortunate to mentor a few new teachers during my career.  I wrote earlier of how we can make new teachers feel inadequate.  One thing that I always try to tell a new teacher is a story that one of my mentors at Tuscaloosa County High used to always tell us.  The best teacher to ever walk the face of the Earth was Jesus Christ.  He had 12 main students, his disciples.  Out of the 12: One betrayed him, two fell asleep on him, one denied him, and one questioned if he had risen.  As teachers, we are no where near as perfect as Jesus was.  It is important that we try to teach and reach every one of our students.  However, you can never take it personally when you come up short.  You should rethink and reteach, but in the end, we will never reach 100%. 

Just my thought of the day as I enter into the leadership role. 

1 comment:

  1. Great Post Scott. I am really enjoying all of your posts. I shared this with some other people.

    ReplyDelete