Monday, September 10, 2012

Three's Company....

Just like Jack had to constantly be aware and think on his feet when dealing with Mr. Roper, an Administrator must also be able to think quickly and be creative when dealing with the school.  This weekend, I was in charge of ACT testing at Huntsville High, a student with very sever test anxiety had an accident in the testing room.  I had to make a quick decision that allowed the student to continue testing while not interfering with the rest of the testing room.  I had to make a split minute decision while taking in all information and guidelines that are set forth by ACT.  I did not have time to call ACT and ask what to do or call the Principal and ask how she wanted me to handle it.  After everything was taken care of, I felt like I made the right decision for all students involved.  At the same time however, I critiqued myself and found one thing that I would do different if the problem ever arises again.  I truly believe that this is learning.  None of us are ever too old or ever too perfect to change or learn.  I am excited about this new phase in my life.  I know that along the way there will be mistakes, but having an open mind and a willingness to admit mistakes will allow me to grow and become the best Administrator that I hope to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment